My first theme, this one was a little loose. I thought of it as mysteries/gothic/horror.
- Dove in with “The Fall of the House of Usher”, very appropriate
- Moved on to Wilkie Collins’s The Moonstone, with it’s large and wonderful cast of characters—and documents
- Had a surprisingly good time with H.G. Wells’s The Croquet Player
- The Golden Age: Agatha Christie and some well-executed narration
- My first experience with Sherlock Holmes
- Ending on a high note (they were all high notes!) with Daphne du Maurier